Stoneham Medical Group, LLC (SMG) is affiliated with WPA through a joint venture arrangement.
Welcome. We are pleased that you have chosen SMG for your health care needs. It is our sincere desire to establish a successful patient/physician relationship that fosters a feeling of comfort and security with regards to the treatment you receive for both primary care and specialty medical services.
Our practice is founded on the belief that our patients are best served through a team approach to care. Our patient-centered care approach focuses on care coordination, prevention, and shared decision making among patients and their care team.
We emphasize primary care interventions such as coaching chronically ill patients on effective self-care, working with patients to develop an individual care plan, coordinating with a patient’s other doctors and specialists, using technology to track and coordinate patient care, managing hospital transitions and utilizing resources outside the physician office to help patients navigate the health care system and stay healthy.
AT SMG, we strive to engage our patients and their family members as a team for disease prevention and management to improve quality of life.
The Medical Partnership:
Maintaining your health and well-being is a partnership between both you and your caregiver.
New Prescription Policy:
Your health is very important to us. For this reason we are implementing the following prescription policy for all patients.
We strive to give you the best health care possible and be available to you when you need us. If you should have any questions regarding the above changes, please do not hesitate to call our office.
- At your follow-up or physical visit with your physician, you will be given a prescription for your maintenance medications. This prescription will give you enough medication to last until your next follow-up visit or physical.
- If you should run out of your medication before your visit, please call our office and the Medical Assistant will discuss this with your doctor. You should not leave the office without first making an appointment for your next visit thereby avoiding running out of your maintenance medication.
- We will no longer have a medication refill line.
- Please call your pharmacist to request refills. They will send these refills to us on-line through our electronic medical records system. This will eliminate much confusion on dosing, medication names and miscommunication through the phone message system.
- Certain medications prescribed by specialists you are actively seeing, should be refilled through the specialist’s office to avoid confusion or prescribing errors.
- In accordance with the State Board of Medicine and the Winchester Physicians Association Medication Policies, if you are seeing a particular provider for a controlled substance, you must see that provider for a refill. Substances regulated by the D.E.A. (Drug Enforcement Authority), are currently being monitored very closely and strict prescription guidelines are being followed.
- We will no longer be carrying any sample medications in the Stoneham Medical Group, Stoneham office effective immediately.
Again, please make sure to book an appointment for follow-up prior to leaving the office.